|This article may contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version (Cloud Saves). It was last updated for the Launch Update.|
This article may contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version (Cloud Saves). It was last updated for the Launch Update.
|(CO2) Carbon Dioxide is an atomically heavy chemical compound in a Gaseous state.|
It tends to sink below other gases.
|-48.15 °C → Liquid Carbon Dioxide|
Specific Heat Capacity
Mass per Tile
|Gas, Unbreathable Gas|
Carbon Dioxide is a common gas resource. It is exhaled by Duplicants and occurs naturally in almost all Biomes. It is heavier than most other gases and will sink to the lowest elevation if lighter gases are present.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Carbon Dioxide is considered sterile and in large concentrations will prevent food rot (completely, unlike Refrigerator). Due to ease of handling (tendency to pool in pits) and acquisition (funnel-shaped bases will have a large pool of it at the bottom), it is perfect for food storage.
- Dusk Caps and Oxyferns require Carbon Dioxide atmosphere to grow.
- Slicksters breathe Carbon Dioxide and excrete Crude Oil.
- Molten Slicksters breathe Carbon Dioxide and excrete Petroleum.
- Carbon Dioxide can be captured into Polluted Water by:
- Soda Fountain consumes 5 kg of Water and 1 kg of Carbon Dioxide per use. It grants +4 Morale and +1 Science to Duplicants.
Production[edit | edit source]
- Duplicants breathe out 2 g/s of Carbon Dioxide, or 1.2 kg/cycle.
- Polymer Presses produce Carbon Dioxide at rate of 8.33 g/s, or 5 kg/cycle.
- Gas Range: 25 g/s, or 15 kg/cycle.
- Ethanol Distillers: 166.67 g/s, or 100 kg/cycle.
- Carbon-burning generators output Carbon Dioxide as a by-product:
|Power / CO2 Mass|
|Natural Gas Generator||22.5||13.5||35.56|
- There are two types of Geysers that produce Carbon Dioxide with varying rates:
- Carbon Dioxide Vents, which produce ~100 g/s at 500 °C, which is too hot even for Slicksters.
- Liquid Carbon Dioxide Geysers, which produce ~150 g/s at -55 °C, those are more immediately usable and can be passed along industrial sections to cool them down.
- Rocket's Petroleum Engines and Solid Fuel Thrusters exhausts superheated Carbon Dioxide.
- Meteor Showers bring some Carbon Dioxide with them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If cooled below condensation temperature, it can safely be stored away as a liquid or solid.
- Despite creating a sterile environment, Carbon Dioxide does not prevent Compost from working and is perfectly safe for plants. The tendency to pool at the bottom can help to ensure adequate air pressure.
- In early game, to prevent CO2 buildups, many players build 'Carbon pits', where they pool carbon dioxide until they are able to get rid of it with Carbon Skimmers, compress it, vent it into space or otherwise deal with it..