This article may contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version (Quality of Life Upgrade MK III). It was last updated for the Quality of Life Upgrade MK II.
List of Critters[edit | edit source]
|Hatch||Solid||Coal/Refined Metal||Meat||Will burrow in soft ground during the day, but will stay active if it can't find a place to burrow.|
|None||Floating/hovering critter, provides a constant source of light and +30 decor in its immediate vicinity. Nice to have in one's base due to the light and decor bonuses. Small health pool and only a small number spawn.|
|Drecko||Balm Lily/Pincha Pepper/Mealwood||Phosphorite
|Meat||This creature can be found crawling around in cavities in the Caustic Biome. They are able to cling strongly to any surface, and will freely wander the full perimeter of whatever chamber they are in. They are not hostile and are quite mobile, inevitably wandering away from any chamber they are not trapped in.|
|Puft||Polluted Oxygen/Oxygen/Chlorine||Slime/ Oxylite/ Bleach Stone||Meat||Floating/hovering critter. Its movement is based on invert pyramid shape, moves center to top, left then right, follows bubbles of contaminated air, prefers going up. Sucks in the closest air bubble, goes up into top of room/chamber on borders of gases then spits out slime. Can follow its own slime consuming again. Won't go under water, but can enter a stream of water from below or from the side (and then die).|
|Pacu||Algae||Polluted dirt||Meat||Swims in water, can only be caught via a Fish Trap.|
|Slickster||Carbon Dioxide/Oxygen||Crude Oil/Petroleum||Meat||Floats over the floor or liquid, and follows spots of carbon dioxide.|
|Shove Vole||Regolith/Dirt/Iron Ore||Solid Tile||Meat||Burrowing critters that eat the Regolith collected on terrestrial surfaces.|
|Morb||N/A||Polluted Oxygen||N/A||Polluted Oxygen||Spawns from full Outhouses if it filled long enough but can be found naturally, produces contaminated oxygen unless in high pressure gas, explodes in a puff of Polluted Oxygen or Chlorine upon death. Cannot be Ranched.|
|Gassy Moo||Gas Grass||Natural Gas||N/A||Meat||Extraterrestrial creatures that feed on gas grass and excretes natural gas.|
Common traits[edit | edit source]
All critters share the following traits:
- Are not aggressive, including Hatches dug out.
- Being subjected to temperature extremes (exact range depends on species) causes death.
- Both wild and tamed critters age and have a capped life expectancy.
- A wild critter does not need diet. Once tamed they will begin to lose calories and starve if not fed after a number of cycles. A tamed critter with "glum" debuff loses calories slower than a happy tamed critter.
- Can live in any atmosphere including Vacuum, except Pacu.
- Can drown in liquids ( but seem to try to escape )
- No awareness of danger: the critters will not move away from a source of superheated gas, will not escape a stream of liquid that kills them and so on
Hatch and Morb, as walking critters, share the traits:
- Can walk, jump across 1 tile gaps, climb diagonally 1 tile, and jump up diagonally 1 tile to left/right and 2 tiles up/down
- Can't use ladders
- Are smaller than Duplicants and can crawl into 1 tile openings
- Can sometimes jump into liquids