|This article may contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version (Automation Innovation Pack Update). It was last updated for the Launch Update.|
|(H) Hydrogen is the universe's most common and atomically light element in a Gaseous state.|
|-252.15 °C → Liquid Hydrogen|
Specific Heat Capacity
Mass per Tile
|Gas, Unbreathable Gas|
Hydrogen is one of the Resources in the game Oxygen Not Included. It is an unbreathable Gas that is extremely light and will rise above all other gases. This means that it will settle at the top of rooms and other open areas.
Production[edit | edit source]
- Hydrogen can be found naturally in small quantities in the Caustic Biome.
- It is produced alongside Oxygen in an Electrolyzer using water and electricity
- Hydrogen Vents produce Hydrogen at various rates during their active states.
Usage[edit | edit source]
In the current build of the game, Hydrogen has several uses:
- It can be burned in the Hydrogen Generator to produce 800 W of power. See Hydrogen Generator#Practicality.
- It can be condensed into Liquid Hydrogen to serve as a rocket fuel for Hydrogen Engine, the most powerful type of rocket-engine. Condensation of Hydrogen requires a dedicated cooling setup using the most advanced materials.
- It can be stockpiled and utilized as heat transfer agent due to its high thermal parameters.
- Dreckos and Glossy Dreckos require spending time in Hydrogen atmosphere to grow their scales of Reed Fiber or Plastic.
Cooling[edit | edit source]
Hydrogen can be used to power the Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier, which produces -80 kDTU/s at the cost of only 10 g/s of Hydrogen. Venting extra hydrogen into the cold biome and then back, or using natural convection, will quickly cool your base.
Locking Wheezeworts in a room with a Hydrogen atmosphere, increases their cooling efficiency.