|(H) Hydrogen is the universe's most common and atomically light element in a Gaseous state.|
|-252.15 °C → Liquid Hydrogen|
Specific Heat Capacity
|Gas, Unbreathable Gas|
Hydrogen is one of the Resources in the game Oxygen Not Included. It is a unbreathable Gas that is extremely light and will rise above all other gases. This means that it will settle at the top of rooms and other open areas.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Hydrogen can be found naturally in small quantities in the Caustic Biome.
- It is produced alongside Oxygen in an Electrolyzer using water and electricity
- Hydrogen Vents produce Hydrogen at various rates during their active states.
Uses[edit | edit source]
In the current build of the game, Hydrogen has several uses:
- It can be burned in the Hydrogen Generator to produce 800W of power. See Hydrogen Generator#Practicality.
- It can be condensed into Liquid Hydrogen to serve as a rocket fuel for Hydrogen Engine, the most powerful type of rocket-engine. Condensation of Hydrogen requires a dedicated cooling setup using the most advanced materials.
- It can be stockpiled and utilized as heat transfer agent due to its high thermal parameters.
- Dreckos and Glossy Dreckos require spending time in Hydrogen atmosphere to grow their scales of Reed Fiber or Plastic.
Cooling[edit | edit source]
Hydrogen can be used to power the Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier, which produces -80 kDTU/s at the cost of only 10 g/s of Hydrogen. Venting extra hydrogen into the cold biome and then back, or using natural convection, will quickly cool your base.
Locking Wheezeworts in a room with a Hydrogen atmosphere, increases their cooling efficiency.