|This article may contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version (Automation Innovation Pack Update). It was last updated for the Launch Update.|
|(O2) Oxygen is an atomically lightweight and breathable Gas, necessary for sustaining life.|
It tends to rise above other gases.
|-182.96 °C → Liquid Oxygen|
Specific Heat Capacity
Mass per Tile
|Gas, Breathable Gas|
Oxygen is one of the Resources in the game Oxygen Not Included. It is a breathable gas and required by Duplicants to survive. It can be produced by machines (Oxygen Diffuser, Electrolyzer, Rust Deoxidizer), filtered from Polluted Oxygen by Deodorizers or cooling to liquid form, or a small amount created by the Algae Terrarium.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Although Duplicants require Oxygen to live, Oxygen is only breathable in high enough quantities (anything below 50 g/tile is unbreathable while anything between 50 and 300 g/tile is breathable but will stress Duplicants).
Duplicants typically use 100 grams of Oxygen per second (200 g/s with Mouth Breather trait, 75 g/s with Diver's Lungs, 50 g/s with Deeper Diver's Lungs, and 25 g/s with both). If the pressure is high enough they breathe normally, if it is non-breathable they will hold their breath until breath meter reaches 50%, then stop any task and run to closest spot to refill their lungs. If their breath meter reaches zero, they suffocate to death.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Atmo Suit Dock requires Oxygen to (re)fill Atmo Suits.
- Jet Suit Dock requires Oxygen to (re)fill Jet Suits.
- Telescope requires Oxygen to work.
- Oxylite Refinery produces Oxylite from Oxygen. 600 g/s Oxygen + 3 g/s Gold = 600 g/s Oxylite.
- Puft Princes and Dense Pufts can breathe Oxygen and excrete Oxylite.
- When cooling down to liquid state, Liquid Oxygen is a better rocket oxidizer that can be used by Petroleum Engine and Hydrogen Engine.
Production[edit | edit source]
- Natural Oxylite emits Oxygen. 5 tiles of Oxylite is guaranteed near the Printing Pod to provide Oxygen for the first few cycles.
- Oxygen Diffusers produce Oxygen from Algae. Although this may seem efficient at the start, as the game progresses there is not as much Algae to use.
- Electrolyzers produce Oxygen from Water. 1 kg/s Water = 888 g/s Oxygen + 112 g/s Hydrogen. The Hydrogen needs proper handling otherwise it will make the air unbreathable.
- Rust Deoxidizer can produce Oxygen, Chlorine, Iron Ore with Rust and Salt. 750 g/s Rust + 250 g/s Salt = 570 g/s Oxygen + 30 g/s Liquid Chlorine + 400 g/s Iron Ore.
- Algae Terrariums produce Oxygen from Water and Algae. They also consume a tiny amount of nearby Carbon Dioxide, if present. They do not require power, but can be made more efficient when near a light source.
- Oxyferns produce Oxygen from Carbon Dioxide.
- The Air Deodorizer purifies Polluted Oxygen into Oxygen using Sand or Regolith as a filtration medium.